A Girl called Annie

"but you can call me whatever you want..."

October 10, 2005


Update!
Hey everyone! Just felt like blogging and so I'm going to babble on for a bit about what is happening. Currently I'm watching Family Guy and waiting for my hair to dry so that I may go to bed.
Well first of all, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you and your families enjoyed each other, as well as the turkey! Ian and I went up to Montreal this past weekend for our 6 month, and then we drove up to Ottawa to spend thanksgiving with his family. They are such amazing people and I had the most amazing time (thank you so much baby)!
Montreal was really awesome. Ian and I were able to get away and celebrate something really special together. I still can't believe that I fall in love with him more and more each and every day, especially when I feel like its impossible to love him any more than I already do. But its true....
Work is going pretty well. I'm having fun actually. Its stressful most times (not mentally, but physically). And maybe its because I actually care whether my students are learning or not that I get stressed out about my job. I think stress just naturally comes with anything you actually care about. School is going pretty well too. I have class on Monday and Tuesday nights. I'm learning about counselling for grief and bereavement and crisis intervention. Its really interesting and I'm excited to complete this postgrad at the end of this Decemeber.
Speaking of the end of December...that brings us to the New Year. Right now I'm working on getting all my stuff together to send off to grad schools. I want to stay in Toronto so I looked at various programs at both York and U.of.T. At first I was interested in a program at York University, though recently I've discovered an excellent program at U.of.T. that has really got me excited. So I'm going to apply to that program as well. Since my contract is up for this teaching position at the end of December, I need to start searching for a new job. I'm hoping that with my degree and post diploma, I will be qualified for some more entry positions related to my field. I just really want to obtain as much experience as I can that I think will help me in the long run. Ian and I are also searching for a place to live in!!!! Its so exciting, however, there is so much to do! We're looking to live near or on Spadina (preferrably King/Spadina, Queen/Spadina). So if anyone knows anything in that area, let us know!!!

We're coming up to London next weekend (YAY). Ian might have to work this Saturday, but he's going to find out tomorrow. However, Sarah and I are definetely coming up to party on Friday night! So you geeks in London better come out and have a drink with us!!!
Alright, well that is the most recent update. Ian and I have a TON of photos to develop from this past month (including my cousin's beautiful wedding we went up for in Chicago). Haha, Ghostbusters is on (aww baby, I wish u were here watching it with me).
See you all very soon!
xoxox,
annie!

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Hey Colleen,

Thanks for the invite! I will be getting into London that night around 8:30ish, so unless u girls wanna have a later dinner. I know that Sarah is going to be there all day because she has to do stuff on campus, so perhaps she can have dinner with u girls and then we can all meet up later and go for drinks! I'll talk to Janice about pre-drinking as well!

Can't wait to see ya!
xoxo
annie.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

to all my londoners...i apologize for not making it up this past friday. i'm sure sarah informed you all that i was terribly sick with the flu from HELL!!!

anywhoooo, i'm better now and we're hoping to come back down in the next few weeks, maybe for jon's goodbye party for when he leaves for calgary!

:)

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home