A Girl called Annie

"but you can call me whatever you want..."

May 04, 2005

Something Wonderful is Happening...
Is that free style I hear???? Back in Toronto now. Four years at Western, come and gone. Its all very bitter sweet. I'll admit, I'm happy that I'm no longer an undergrad...cause I'll be honest..the undergrad scene was killing me...however, I'm sad about leaving the atmosphere of Western student life....though I'm really excited about living in Toronto once again. I may be in denial right now...trying to convince myself that living back at home with my parents isn't going to be THAT bad...but don't worry, I'm fully aware of all that is to come. I've always done well at adapting in most environments. As Jon Wong always said: "Suck it up!!!" I still hate it when anyone says that.
So now I'm living in my basement..like some rat...however, my room is looking pretty chill...as well as the rest of the basement. All I need now is a mini fridge/bar or whatever you call it..so that I can store some beer, wine and coolers. hehehe. I start school tomorrow (doing my postgrad in counselling and psychopharm.), pretty excited...though to be honest, I don't know what to expect. My class is every Wednesday nights, from 6:15 p.m.-9:15 p.m. I'm stilli n the process of finding a "real" job. I refuse to go back to retail..or anything remotely similar to retail. I just don't have the energy for it. Ahh, who knows, maybe I'll "suck it up too" in a few weeks, throw away my arrogant newly grad. attitude and go work at McDonalds. Afterall, I have a B.A. in the social sciences...I might as well start gettin' social, no matter where it is.
Its been difficult moving from a house of 2 to a house of 8 (thats right...there are 8 people currently living in my house right now, since my aunt and uncle and their two little, and may I mention, very energetic, boys) are visiting from Greece. I've been here for 3 days now and each morning they run into my room (around 7:45 a.m. when my parents leave for work) and jump on my bed!!! I pretend to be asleep but then they try opening my eyelids and yell "wake up!!!" in my ear!. Ahh, kids...so adorable. Sarah, you're right. Kids are brats and they ruin your life. I am definetely putting off children for another 8-10 years or so!!!!
I'm excited about the weekend. Our buddy Ian is coming to stay with me (in my already full house) beginning Thursday night. Oh my! Because its gonna be nice weather, we're thinking of hitting up the beaches!!! I need a pair of aviators too....and I think that is on our "to do list" as well.
I had my last exam on the 29th of April (Psychological Testing-II) and it went okay. That night was also our last night in London and we partied at the Thorny Devil. It was truly sad and it was quite the perfect evening when a dear old friend requested "Time of your Life" by Greenday for us. Last song of the night...last song in London...
Sarah, ACDC will play for us always and forever.
But something truly wonderful has happened...
Thats for another time though.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

What a nice 'feel good' post!!! You are right... something WONDERFUL is happenning. Spring has rejuvenated us all. New Friends, new experiences, new horizons for us to chase.
I miss you like crazy Anna, and I am sad I will miss you back in London by a DAY!!!!
Make sure to keep S.M. happy!
Cheers from the train!
John

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home