A Girl called Annie

"but you can call me whatever you want..."

July 04, 2005

December 2nd, 2000

This sadness overwhelms me, a tear rolls down my face,
I never really existed, so I'll leave without a trace.
I can't admit what I've done wrong cause it will break my heart,
yet it only continues to tear us so much further apart.
This anger, is like a storm thats difficult to drive in,
and in this place its as if its me who can only sin.
There is barely any air left here for me to breathe,
my soul is only trying to survive with the air it must seize.
This nostalgia puts pain in my stomach, my heart is cracked in two,
thinking about some past that is now lost in the blue.
Things used to be better, now everything is further away,
my arms cannot reach so far, perhaps tomorrow but not today.
My weakness will one day drown me unless I will learn to swim,
in this sea of anguish and with the sky so dim.
Why does this happen to me, this broken damaged heart?
This pain is overwhelming, this fear will tear me apart.
If only one day I will see the sun, it will kiss my tear drenched face,
and its kiss will leave behind a warm and golden trace.
If only the sky will wrap me, with its feathered wings so high,
and maybe give me a pair so that one day I will fly.
I'm smiling now because I know I can, but my eyes fill up with tears,
I hope that soon the winter wind will blow away my fears.
I will soon lay my troubled soul to sleep and leave this world for tonight....
perhaps when I will reawake, things will be alright.